Home Renovation is the procedure to upgrade the interior and/or exterior framework and creating a new appearance according to one’s preference without changing the basic construction. It also refers to regenerate an unused, old-fashioned or disintegrated residential structure into a revived one.
Difference with remodeling:
The term ‘renovation’ is often misunderstood with ‘remodeling’. There is a major difference in between. When a person needs to change the purpose, usage and core structure of any of the rooms or the whole house, then it needs remodeling, while renovation does not incorporate alternation of the basic physical structure.
Usual causes of renovating:
The first and foremost cause for home renovation is wiping out the outdated design and bringing back a new life to the construction. Sometimes renovation is performed after a war or natural disaster to recreate the look from the damaged basic frame. When it comes to the home dealers or even the owner, who is willing to sell it, renovation becomes a priority, as it increases the cost.
Types of renovation services:
Usually there are three major types of renovation services:
It is generally needed, when a natural calamity or war strikes the place. Sometimes it includes remodeling, when it has to be started from basic construction. Sometimes it also takes place due to extensions.
It is just a process to bring back the life to the structure by restoring the damaged part/s and thus create a refreshing look.
Cleaning is often required for better maintenance or even after reconstruction or restoration.
Renovating tips and techniques:
There are lots of professional renovating companies now-a-days. They can be found easily according to one’s budget and expectation. However you can plan yourself as the projection of your dream house yourself. Thus you can save some of the costs also. There are some useful renovation tips for your personal consideration:
- The most visible difference would appear due to changes in the wall-paintings, both in color and design and installation of the light fixtures.
- Changes in floor materials can create higher value, if the place is going to be sold out. It also gives a stylish look.
- Energy saving appliances should be installed to cut out higher electric bills.
- The existing materials should be collected and reused as far as possible to reduce cost.
- Organic materials and ecological techniques should be applied for the betterment of the environment and also the home contents.
- New designer fittings can be installed both at the kitchen and the bathroom to create an elegant look.
- The electrical installation and furniture settings can be changed in accordance with the newest technology to keep pace with the trendy look.
It will definitely create a professional and extra-ordinary appearance, if one hires a renovation expert. It also will reduce one’s burden and time. But some points must be considered before hiring:
- Before signing the agreement, research on different renovating contractors and their policies and also search for their previous works to have an overview of them.
- Do not forget to hire an insured professional so that in case of any possible damages during renovation, you do not have to pay that yourself.
- After handing over the renovation to the contractor, do ask and check in the meanwhile for avoiding any possible misunderstanding in design.
It is apparent that the overall cost can be minimized if one plans to renovate the home oneself. But to create an excellent manifestation, it is recommended that one should hire a professional renovator, if not you are a professional yourself!