At the onset of male pattern baldness, it could be an ideal time to consider scalp micropigmentation hair loss treatment. Men with bald heads like Dwayne Johnson and Drake look hot. So, an SMP makes you look like a celebrity, and nobody can tell you’re experiencing hair loss issues. It could be a perfect new change if you love keeping your hair short.
SMP is a form of hair tattoo that has gained a spotlight for both men and women suffering from thinning hair loss and who want to achieve a great look. This advanced cosmic pigmentation treatment can also be a good option for those who are or have experienced hair loss for various reasons. It’s ideal for treating:
- Receding hairlines
- Crown Balding
- Hair loss due to medical treatments such as cancer.
Does SMP Treatment Reverse Hair Loss?
If you’re hoping to regrow your hair, then SMP is not your ideal treatment. SMP is a form of microscopic ‘tattoos’ that uses pigmentation on the scalp. It doesn’t address the cause of hair loss but helps to cover baldness. And after a second session, a person can realize a shaved head appearance.
Benefits of SMP
Men and women can benefit from scalp micropigmentation hair loss technique if they suffer from hair loss issues such as;
- It restores confidence in young men with balding hair issues.
- Affordable compared with hair transplant. While the SMP price may start from $1000, a hair transplant can start from $3000. But your provider can give you actual pricing depending on your individual needs.
- It’s a long-lasting procedure that saves trips to a barber shop.
- Camouflage scars-though these can be different types of scars, the common ones are the ones people get after a hair transplant. So, your doctor can advise you if the type of scar can work with the SMP technique or not.
- It gives a natural appearance if a skilled artist performs it.
- It doesn’t require maintenance.
- SMP is a quick and non-surgical process.
Scalp Micropigmentation Procedure
It’s best to wash your hair before starting your scalp micropigmentation hair loss treatment. Why? Because you’re not supposed to wet your hair after this, for the next four days after your procedure.
An experienced practitioner will apply topical anesthesia before he starts to inject ink pigments on the top of the scalp, near the hair follicles. And this helps to keep the patient comfortable during the procedure.
So, this gives an impression of natural growing follicles to create a natural-looking effect of a shaved head.
What to Expect
- Scalp micropigmentation hair loss procedure can take 4-5 hours, depending on the required work.
- It usually takes more than one session to get your desired look. And if you require an extensive area treatment, that might need even more sessions.
- The treatment schedule can be weeks apart if you have multiple sessions.
While SMP is ideal for a person who prefers to maintain a clean-shaven head, someone with specific area thinning doesn’t have to shave the hair if he doesn’t feel like it. So, you can add more density to thin spots. Scalp micropigmentation can also conceal the thinning areas to create a thicker hair appearance.
After your scalp micropigmentation hair loss therapy, the practitioner recommends the client shave their hair every two to three days. But the shorter the hair, the more realistic it appears. However, it also depends on a person’s preference and how fast their hair grows.
SMP is not only a hair loss solution for men but for women as well. A person who makes an excellent candidate might have:
- Alopecia Areata
- Male pattern baldness
- Receding hairline
- Bald patches
If you regularly visit a salon if you like to maintain a bald head as your preferred style choice, SMP can be an excellent treatment to save you from this hassle.
While SMP is a suitable hair loss procedure for most people, it’s not recommended for people with:
- And those afflicted with dermatitis.
Also, if you have a dehydrated scalp, it’s best to consult your doctor, who will advise you accordingly.
Scalp micropigmentation hair loss treatment is more affordable than most hair loss options available out there. It gives a beautiful natural ‘buzz cut’ look of a neatly shaved head. It hardly requires any maintenance. It has no downtime, and you can proceed with your usual activities. Although this is a popular procedure for men, women can also have it. So, this can be your best option if you’re a man with balding hair loss issues.